Difference between revisions of "How I made this site"
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 10:09, 18 October 2008
To create this site, I used the wonderful software of mediawiki. Then, I got a cousin to draw the wonderful logo. My site has been on PhpNuke before. On 1st of july, 2006, I went over to mediawiki. I had to lock the system against users registering themselves, and I block anonymous page edits. How I did this, can be found at http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/mediawiki.
Now I found it was time to change the code of mediawiki a bit - all what I did can be found at https://bugs.kde.org/process_bug.cgi. enable_file_uploads=true
Comparing PhpNuke and MediaWiki
Advantages of Mediawiki
- easier to install
- no unexplainable errors so it does not change an article
- no more worrying what is a section and what a category
- no more author X supported by Y - version history instead
- "my patches for phpnuke" - can link it from "About this site" and from "Programming"
- no more untranslated stuff(don't know how this could happen)
- developed by a community
- answers to your questions,e.g.on irc.freenode.net #mediawiki
Advantages of PhpNuke
- statistics which browsers on which OS went onto the page
- easy rating of articles
- aims at being a homepage generator
- easy backup, "Backup button" is there